We are looking to hire a Project Coordinator to join the Development team here at Slate Asset Management in our Toronto office.
This is an ideal position for someone who is passionate about development and cities; who wants to be part of an entrepreneurial and growing team; and who is able to be hands on and take ownership over what they do.
The Project Coordinator would work closely with the full Development team and support all aspects of project delivery from acquisition to exit/stabilization. Eventually, we want this person to lead a portfolio of their own development projects.
We’re looking for someone with the following skills and characteristics:
- Demonstrated passion for city building, design, and urban affairs
- Experience in real estate and/or development
- Understanding of planning & land use policies, development finance, and design & construction (though, the right attitude and work ethic goes a long way)
- High energy, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment while at the same time being extremely detail oriented
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (well-reasoned opinions are crucial)
- Proficiency in Excel, SketchUp, CAD/Revit and other relevant software considered an asset
- Degree(s) in related field(s)
If you’re interested after reading all of this, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your short cover letter should include why you want to work at Slate, as well as your favorite recent development project (it can be anywhere in the world but make sure to include why).
Alongside this, we would like to see a link/URL that helps us get to know you better. This could be your Twitter or Instagram, a personal blog, a portfolio, or something else that represents who you are. If you don’t have any of these, well then you’ll have to get creative.
Thanks for your interest.