I don’t actually have Netflix, but they have a new original documentary series out called, Abstract: The Art of Design. It’s a look at “eight of the most creative thinkers” working in art and design. It premiered at the Sundance Film Festival this year.
Here are those 8 people:
- Es Devlin (stage designer)
- Ilse Crawford (interior designer)
- Ralph Gilles (Chrysler head of global design)
- Bjarke Ingels (architect)
- Platon (photographer)
- Christoph Niemann (New Yorker cover illustrator)
- Paula Scher (graphic designer)
- Tinker Hatfield (Nike sneaker designer)
The trailer feels unnecessarily dramatic for a documentary, but I’d still like to watch it. The reviews also seem to suggest that it’s pretty good. Below is the trailer. If you can’t see it below, click here.
If you’ve already seen it, what did you think?